A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US:
Founded in 1999, Rock The House is a full-service Audio / Visual, Production and Entertainment company that produces more than 1,500 corporate, non-profit, social, and educational events a year. Product and service offerings include Audio / Visual production, entertainment, multimedia, photo novelties, and more.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a detail-oriented and service-driven candidate who would love to join an expanding Audio / Visual firm. The Theatrical Carpenter / Scenic Designer is responsible for construction and maintenance of custom/specialty work on a project basis. The work is including but not limited to custom scenic pieces, interactive set pieces / activations, and props to be used in theatrical, social, corporate, and/or non-profit events.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create construction and fabrication budgets for custom pieces
- Meet with the Project Manager to assist in design work
- Create timelines to meet deadlines for completion
- May assist with onsite setup and strike of custom pieces
- May pick up building materials
- Work with the Warehouse Manager to plan and allocate storage of custom pieces and materials when applicable
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
The live / special events industry is ever changing. Your ability to adjust priorities, make design tweaks, and adapt to what each event needs is important. Candidates should have:
- 3+ years of scenic carpentry experience
- Ability and understanding of paint
- Basic electrical skills
- The ability to work from and interpret scale drawings of plans. CAD experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools is required.
- Ability to lead crews (when applicable) to assist with construction, installation and/or strike of custom pieces.
- Basic knowledge of the live event environment including Audio, Video, Lighting, and other aspects of the Event, Theater, or Trade-Show Industries is preferred
Hourly or project-based dependent on the candidate.
Rock The House takes pride in its core values, customer service, and family-oriented atmosphere, and we’d love for you to be a part of it! If you or someone you know would be a good fit, apply today!
Email [email protected] or place a confidential phone call to Ryan Konikoff: (440) 232.7625.