We Won BIG!
The 2nd annual ISES Ohio WOW Awards took place on April 19, 2013 and it was a big night for Rock The House. Created last year by John Bibbo of Event Source and Rick Jobe of Jobe & Associates, this awards event celebrates the best in the event industry in Ohio. The second year of this traveling event took place in Cleveland at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Rock The House Founder/Owner, Matt Radicelli, was the Co-Executive Producer of the event which included Rock The House providing the sound entertainment, and lighting. Producing an awards event of this caliber in front of the best in our industry was both a challenge and a privilege that we were excited to take on.
Rock The House Marketing and Communications Director, Nick Borelli was also the Marketing Chair for this year’s event which brought double the attendance of the first year. The inaugural event set up a foundation for an important annual event with plans to grow each year. The 2013 ISES Ohio WOW Awards not only double the event’s attendance but also more than doubled submissions making winning more challenging then ever. Each nominee submission was graded and judged by event professionals in St. Louis and all company names were removed. Because of this, these are the most unbiased and professional awards in the state for event professional’s achievements. The process for submission is identical to those who submit for the International ISES Awards which means it is not an easy process.
Now that the dust has cleared we have so much to reflect on with this event. Working with our partners to create a beautiful event, growing attendance, and entertaining our friends made for a fun (albeit busy) night. These awards mean a lot to us because they represent both our client’s unique visions achieved as well as the hardwork of our team. We’re already looking towards 2014’s event in Cincinnati!
Rock The House won the following at the 2013 ISES Ohio WOW Awards:
- Best Marketing- Design Collateral over $25,000 for Rock Your Prom 2012
- Best Technical Production for Automated Packaging Systems 50th Anniversary
- Best Corporate Event over $200,000 for Safeguard Properties Holiday Party
- Best ISES Team Effort $75,000-$200,000 (w/Cleveland Zoological Society, Event Source, and Everything Tented)
- Best Wedding $75,000- $200,000 (w/ Kirkbrides) for New Year’s Eve Wedding
- Best Wedding over $200,000 (w/ Heidzillas Wedding Coordination & Aable Rents) for Amy & Steve’s “Epic” Wedding