Prom night should be magical! After all, it’s one of the most eagerly anticipated nights of the year for most high school students.
When it comes to planning the perfect prom entertainment, there are so many options that it can be hard to know where to start.
Our best advice for booking entertainment services? Make sure that they do the following:
- Integrate seamlessly with your theme
- Are high-impact and unforgettable
- Are safe, fun, and age-appropriate
Unique Ideas for a Prom & After-Prom That Rock
Prom is not just about dancing the night away. The perfect night will also include exciting prom and after-prom activities to ensure everyone is having a good time, including students who don’t enjoy dancing so much.
Here are the top 5 services you need to book to ensure prom night to remember:
1. Club-Style DJs
Music is essential for a school dance, but not all DJs are created equal.
For the best school dance experience, you want a DJ that excels in open-format, club-style sets. What does that mean?
- Open-Format: Also known as a Multi-Genre DJ, this DJ takes direction on the styles of music you’d like to hear and crafts a set accordingly. They can stick to a single genre, play from multiple genres, or take a suggestion like “music the students will love dancing to” and run with it.
- Club-Style: These DJs deliver a continuous “mix” that controls and guides the energy flow of a room. Unlike a radio DJ, they are reading the room and playing the perfect songs that do everything from warming up the room to closing things out with the perfect songs to cap off a night.
Our DJs are chosen for their exceptional skills in these styles. Plus, they always make sure to play the hottest radio-friendly music to keep the dance floor appropriate but popping!
2. Lighting, Production, & Special Effects
Take your prom to the next level with an amped-up atmosphere that changes based on the songs being played.
For example, add dynamic lights that up the energy and move with the music. We can also program your lights to change color based on songs and tone – think blues, purples, and greens during a banger and a warm, romantic hue like amber during slow dances.
Pro Tip: Surprise your guests with special effects like cryo jet blasts or confetti drop that will amp the energy up even further. After all, you are throwing the biggest party of the high school year!